RequirementsTo be a Teacher in Early Childhood Education in the state of Arizona, you must meet the following minimum state requirements:
- Have at least six (6) months of work experience in a licensed childcare setting
- Have a High School Diploma/GED
- Finger print card
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Integrity, commitment and a passion for early childhood education.
- The talent to connect with the children and also maintain a professional and approachable demeanor with parents and staff.
- The ability to be flexible in your assignment, covering hours as required and occasionally even substituting at another site.
- The ability to lead small and large groups of children through a scheduled curriculum while juggling interruptions, maintaining a clean and safe environment and closely monitoring each child's progress and development.
- An interest in creating a positive learning environment where children are engaged and encouraged to learn.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Two+ years of early childhood education with one year focused on an assigned age group.
- A valid Driver's License, clean driving record and ability to drive center vehicles is a strong plus.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and/or CDA required
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or related area highly desirable
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain desirable
The RoleIn this role you will plan and implement activities that promote the social, physical and intellectual growth of children. You will be directly responsible for the care, hygiene (including diapering), learning, developmental activities, specialized programs, and redirection of children. You will also communicate directly with parents and maintain classroom records, cleanliness, and orderliness. Nap time will be used to complete tasks outside of your teaching responsibilities and to do lesson planning.
Our centers can be dynamic with a high level of activity. You'll be on your feet the majority of the day, sometimes lifting children and often bending to their level to have direct visual and physical contact. You'll work indoors and outdoors, performing all of the activities that the children perform -- dancing, jumping, singing, walking, marching, etc. You will be engaged in multiple tasks and must respond quickly and appropriately to the frequently changing needs of the children. You will not be alone in your duties, however. Our model is to have two teachers, doubling the ratio in each room. As part of your responsibilities specifically you will:
- Be aware of and maintain the ratio requirement of the state of Arizona.
- Engage with current and prospective parents and family members, responding to their needs.
- Comply with KLC (Knowledge Learning Corp.) and all governmental regulations regarding the care of the children.
- Fully understand your responsibility as a mandated reporter.
- Notify the director about any pertinent information regarding the care and safety of the children.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation according to KLC and other licensing or regulation requirements.
- Perform daily center duties as required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, center events, and parent/customer meetings as requested.
- Share lead responsibilities with Assistant Teachers.
KinderCareCareer advancement -- should you be a star and wish to advance your career, you could move up to Teacher II or III, Assistant Director or Director at any number of our more than 1600 sites throughout the US.
A job where you can make a difference -- you could have chosen any occupation but chose to be an educator, demonstrating a desire to help children and enhance lives. Perhaps in five, ten or even twenty years, the children with whom you worked might not remember the specifics of their preschool education but the work that you do in building a foundation of learning will stay with them throughout their lives. Research shows that early childhood education and development efforts are critical for helping children enjoy health, confidence and success later in life. Together with their parents, you'll be on the front lines, helping to build the base for a richer and more successful life.
Strong training program -- we believe that quality education for teachers supports quality education for children, so KinderCare devotes more time and resources to teacher training than any other childcare provider. As you join our staff you'll enjoy several days of off-site training where you'll learn our programs and philosophies and enhance the teaching skills you have already acquired. That training will continue with on-site guidance and two full staff development days per year, when we close our centers and focus solely on our teachers.
Respected curriculum -- you'll be entering during an exciting growth period when we're adding facilities to serve Arizona children and their families, and staffing them with talented teachers who are passionate about early childhood education and dedicated to a thoroughly researched and respected curriculum. Our curriculum is built around four key elements of development -- social, emotional, physical and intellectual, allowing you to work with the whole child. Since a child's needs and abilities evolve quickly during the first five years, our program is uniquely age focused for infants (6 weeks to 1 year), toddlers (1-2), discovery preschool (2-3), preschool (3-4) and pre-K (4-5). It's a solid, teacher friendly guide that can be adjusted as required. If fact, children with special needs will have a learning plan tailored specifically for them so that they can also gain the advantage of our total child approach.
Excellent benefits package -- in addition to a competitive pay rate, we offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, discounted child care, paid time off, a 401(k) with employer match and more.
Keys to SuccessThis is a career that offers more than a paycheck and steady Monday through Friday schedule. It's a position of purpose and influence. This is an opportunity to share your passion for life while you inspire, engage, and awaken the wonder inside each and every child. To be successful you should love kids and want to make a difference in their lives. It requires steady patience and internal calmness as you create a safe and secure learning environment. We don't babysit here. This is not a position where you'll stand in the yard chatting with another teacher, just watching to make sure no one gets hurt -- yelling out "get down", or where you'll sit on the sidelines simply monitoring activities. This is a position of engagement. You should interact with the children, participating in their activities and talking to them at their eye level, while also remaining the professional authority that inspires trust in parents and love in children. We've all had that teacher who was adept at finding that balance, who asked, "What would I want my child to do all day?" and then approached each child as if he or she were their own and created a positive, self-esteem building environment where every child is recognized as special and each deserves the best we have to offer. This is what we each strive to achieve and what will take you beyond "teacher" and raise you to a level of an exceptional educator.
About KLC & Knowledge Universe®Childhood is a brief moment in time, and the innocence and joy of a child's early years should be honored.
Preschool provides a wonderful opportunity for children to explore, learn and socialize, while developing character and self-confidence. In nurturing environments, children will strengthen their cognitive skills, learn through hands-on experiences and prepare themselves to succeed in more challenging school environments as they grow.
Research demonstrates that children who attend early childhood development programs are more likely to graduate from secondary school than those who did not; they will earn higher grades, advance in grade level without repeating courses, be less prone to absenteeism, exhibit higher self-esteem, actively participate in sports, and enroll in post-secondary programs. Studies also indicate adults who attended preschool as children attain higher employment rates, enjoy better earnings, and are less likely to become dependent on welfare.
At Knowledge Universe®, we believe in preparing children for a successful academic future and for life through instilling a vibrant sense of learning and curiosity. Our early childhood education centers are safe and secure places to learn, and our research-based curricula comprise abundant activities that model healthy behavior, grow strong bodies and teach children how to make a lasting, positive impact on the planet. KinderCare, one of our early childhood education companies, is part of the Knowledge Learning Corporation and Knowledge Universe®.